Facebook is a huge social network, has around 2 billion monthly active users and is growing by 16% every year.
You can use Facebook ads to promote your website, business or services and generate maximum traffic. Through this you can convert your website, business or service into a brand.
If you are running a business or have a website and you want to promote it through Facebook, if you want to run a campaign in Facebook, then you should know about Facebook Ads Manager.
Here we are going to discuss what kind of ads you can create with Facebook Ads Manager and what rules and regulations we have to follow while running the campaign.
Facebook Ads Campaign
To run ads on Facebook, you must have a Facebook Page, only then you can run ads. Once you create a Facebook Page, you are eligible to run ads on Facebook.
I would like to tell you, through the Facebook advertising platform, you can show ads on Facebook and through this you can also show ads on Instagram. To run ads on Instagram, you don’t need to go to Instagram and create an ad campaign. Because every ad you run on Facebook appears on Facebook, Instagram and audience networks.
To run ads on Facebook, you have to login on your Facebook profile. After that in the menu you have to click on the Advertising on Facebook then Facebook Business page will open. Now click on Create ad. As soon as you click, you will be directed to Facebook Ad Manager. In this way, Facebook Ads Manager will open in front of you.
In this, you will see different types of ads option. Using which you can promote any type of business or services. You have to identify which type of advertisement is suitable for your business, accordingly you can choose the ad type.
For your information, every advertisement is made up of three parts. On the left side of the Ads Manager page you’ll find Campaigns, Ad Set and Ads. This means that you have to create your campaign in 3 formats.
Your marketing objective should be clear before running any ad. You must set objectives to run the advertisement, only then you will be successful in your advertising campaign.
You will see three options in marketing objective – 1) Awareness, 2) Consideration and 3) Conversion.
You can run two types of ads in Awareness – i) Brand Awareness and ii) Reach. If you want to promote your brand and get maximum people to know about your brand, then you can use Brand Awareness.
If you want to show a post or business to as many people as possible, you can choose Reach. Your goal in this is to reach as many people as possible, nothing to do with engagement, inquiry and conversion.
There are six types of ads in Consideration – i) Traffic, ii) Engagement, iii) App Installs, iv) Video Views, v) Lead Generation and vi) Messages. A brief overview of all this is as follows –
- Traffic – If you have a website, an app, and you want to get traffic on it, you can use a traffic advertising campaign. Traffic ad campaign is best for increasing website clicks and app engagement.
- Engagement – If you want to engage as many people as possible about a page, post, offer, or event, you can use an engagement ad campaign.
- App Installs – To promote or install any app, you can run an app install ad campaign.
- Video Views – If you want to get views on video or promote your business and services through video, you can run video view ads.
- Lead Generation – You can collect data from people through lead generation and get their name, phone number, email id etc. and based on the data collected you can tell them about your business and services. Through lead generation, you can convert inquiries into customers. Leader generation plays a very important role in expanding customer data base.
- Messages – You can use message ad campaign to advertise in Messenger.
You can create three types of ad campaigns in conversion – i) Conversions, ii) Catalog Sales and iii) Store Traffic. A brief description is as follows –
- Conversions – Many times the visitor visits your website or store and selects some products but does not buy them, you can show them ads in their messenger or app using a conversion ad campaign and you can tell them about the discount. So that those visitors are interested in your products and buy them.
- Catalog Sales – Catalog Sales is the best ad campaign for an e-commerce website. If a visitor selects your product and marks the add to cart but does not buy it, then you can use a catalog sales ad campaign to show ads related to that product on Facebook and its partner platforms, so that their attention goes to it and they buy that product.
- Store Traffic – Store traffic is for local businesses or shoppers. If you have a store and want more people from your area should come to your store, then you can run a store traffic ad campaign.
These were all marketing objectives that I have summarized, I am sure this will definitely help you in creating the right marketing campaign for your business.
How To Create Facebook Ads Campaign?
Here I am going to tell you how you can create an effective lead generation advertising campaign.
To create ad campaign on Facebook, you have to login on your Facebook profile. After that in the menu you have to click on the Advertising on Facebook then Facebook Business page will open. Now click on Create ad.
Facebook Ad Manager Page will open in front of you, where you have to choose your marketing objective. Like I told you earlier, we will create a lead generation ad campaign here, so click on Lead Generation.
This type of page will open, in which you have to write the name of the campaign. The name of the campaign is to be entered so that we know for what purpose the campaign was created.
Leave the Create split test and campaign budget optimization option and click on Continue button. Here your campaign level completes.
Our second stage is the ad set level which we have to complete in 5 steps i.e. i) page, ii) Dynamic creative, iii) Audience, iv) Placements and v) Budget & schedule.
This is how the ad set page will look –
- The ad set should be named here and then choose your Facebook page.
- Leave Dynamic creative off.
- Audience section is important, here you can create new audiences as per your requirement, besides if you have an existing audience, you can also use that data.
- We have to choose the location in which we want to show our ad.
- Next we have to select the age and gender of our target audience.
- Detailed targeting is quite important section because here we define what kind of audience we want to target. Here we can target audiences based on demographics, interests and behaviours.
- If you want, you can save your new audience by clicking the Save This Audience button and next time you can run ad campaign on this audience base.
- Placements basically decide ads will appear on which platform. Here you can change the devices and platforms by clicking on manual placements but automatic placements is recommended and this is the best.
- In the budget, we get 2 options: daily budget and lifetime budget, you can choose whatever you want.
- In the schedule, we can set start and end dates and run ads accordingly. If you want to run your ad for 2 days, 3 days, 1 week, then you can choose this option.
- You get 2 options in Delivery type – Standard delivery and Accelerated delivery. In standard delivery, Facebook Ad Manager optimizes your ad in such a way that it runs throughout the day so that you can get desire result but in accelerated delivery, your budget runs faster because Facebook Ad Manager wants to give you conversions or leads as soon as possible. Standard delivery is always recommended.
Click on Continue button. Here your Ad Set level completes.
After clicking on the Continue button, we come to the Ad section, where we get the option to design our ad. The ads section will look like this –
We get two options for designing ads. We can use carousel ad structure to do product base lead generation. The carousel ad structure consists of a maximum of 10 images, so it can be used to express product dimensions, product sizes and product information in graphical way.
But for those who have service oriented businesses, a single image or video is sufficient.
By clicking on the image option, we can upload our images and by clicking on videos/slideshow, we can upload video or slide. On clicking the image or video option, you will get instructions about the image and video size, aspect ratio, resolution etc. By following this, you can effectively present your advertisement to the audience.
In the text and link option you have to design your ad, it has the option to input text. You will see the primary text, title, description, display link. In this, you can write about your service or product, about the offer, about your company and can also give a link to your website.
In call to action tab, you will see many types of buttons, here you can choose the appropriate call to action button according to your business.
i) Form Type
In the Form Type you will see two options more volume and higher intent. By clicking on more volume, the user’s information reaches us in one click but when the user clicks on the higher intention, they are confirmed once again before submitting their information. More Volume is a quick contact type form in which audience are not asked again before submitting their information but high intent form type give audience a chance to reconfirm their confirmation before submitting information.
Usually the more volume type is chosen because it is the quick contact type that is submitted in one click but you can select any option as per your requirement.
In the intro, you can write your service, business or company information briefly or you can skip the introduction option.
In questions section, we can write questions about what information we want from our audience. Usually full name, mobile number, email id and city information are taken from the audience.
v) Thank You Screen
When the respondent submits the information, they see a Thank You screen. In which you can thank them after submitting their information and you can give a link of your website in button type, the respondent may be visit your website.
After that you have to click on the confirm button, in this way you create a complete ad. As soon as you click on the confirmation button, your ad goes for review and gets published in some time.
I hope you liked this post. If you have any questions, you can comment. I will always try my best to reply to you.